We strive for the highest safety standards on all of our projects. We believe that safety does not occur by chance and is not only for specific customers or jobsites; it is the result of careful attention to all company operations by those who are directly involved. Most importantly, we encourage our employees to constantly evaluate their tasks and working conditions and decide if work can be completed safely. If the answer is no, they are empowered to stop work and notify their supervisor of the necessary resources or changes needed to allow the work to continue safely.
Charter Mechanical believes that all construction injuries and incidents are preventable. We have crafted our safety program to allow us to reach this goal by concentrating on the following key attributes:
A commitment to provide any and all resources necessary to achieve an incident free environment including personnel, equipment and procedures.
- A culture that embraces safety as a value at all levels.
- Comprehensive training of new-hires and continued training and development of all employees.
- Adherence to a safety violation policy for those who do not abide by the policies or support the desired culture
- A well-defined, written safety program that is fully implemented.
- Encouraging and recognizing employees to share near misses, lessons learned, innovations and other ideas to improve our program.
In order to constantly improve and continue towards an incident and injury free workplace, Charter Mechanical requests and welcomes any and all suggestions that will eliminate risk of injury or incident to our employees, our client’s personnel, the public, and project facilities.
When you value something, it’s worth the time and energy to ensure you have done all you can to get it right. The safety of our employees and our customers is our highest value.